Not checking into a fancy hotel for Valentine's Day? No problem! After dinner, you can step into your own lovely "at-home hotel" with these simple ideas:
1. Change out your light fixture for a chandelier.
|Chrome and White 6-light Crystal Chandelier - $133.99 Overstock.com|
It usually costs about $40-$60 to have the electrician do this if there's already an electric source there. For the ultimate mood-lighting, put in a dimmer switch. If you're looking for an inexpensive chandelier option -try thrift shops, Craig's List and Overstock.com.
2) If you're bed is lumpy or saggy, try a topper.
|3" Memory Foam Topper $57.99 Overstock.com|
3) Get a set of soft white sheets.
|West Elm Organic Cotton Frayed-Edge Sheet Set (Queen $79 - on sale now)|
4) Make a fabulous bed.
Just follow these steps:
- Fit the bottom sheet tight.
- Put the top sheet on, printed side down (so the monogram or stripe will show when you fold it over).
-Put a light blanket on top of the top sheet (preferably white). Tuck in the top sheet and blanket together at the bottom with hospital corners. Fold the tops of the top sheet and blanket over together so you can see the pretty stitching. Then tuck in the sides.
-Put four pillows stacked two and two.
-Add another blanket or comforter folded at the bottom.
5)Set a rose, chocolates, a gift or a note on the pillows.
6) Have a romantic movie ready to watch in bed.
7) Have a delectable dessert ready.
|Pretty in Pink Strawberry Cupcakes |
Recipe at Delish.com
That should do it. As this is a "G-rated" blog, the rest of the evening is up to you.
Have a great day!